All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.43
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.73Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionA step-by-step guidebook for advance preparation and early response to school crises This Second Edition of Preparing for Crises in the Schools arrives at a critical moment. With several recent dramatic examples of school violence and other tragedies afflicting communities nationwide, the need for school districts to take proactive measures-rather than merely react to a crisis-is critical. This completely updated edition offers practical plans for laying the important groundwork to ensure that crisis response will be both immediate and thorough in the wake of tragedy. Authored by three school crisis response planning experts, it offers advice on early detection of trouble, developing plans and procedures to intervene with youths quickly and successfully, and conducting a school in-service workshop on crisis response planning and intervention. Essential for counselors, school psychologists, teachers, and administrators alike, this book helps ensure that schools are t caught by surprise when a crisis occurs.
- Author BiographySTEPHEN E. BROCK, PhD, and SHARON LEWIS, MA, school psychologists with the Lodi Unified School District in Lodi, California, spearheaded the development of Lodi's crisis response team. Dr. Brock is also the author or editor of numerous publications on this topic, including Best Practices in School Crisis Prevention and Intervention. JONATHAN SANDOVAL, PhD, University of California, Davis, is the author or editor of several other books on this subject, including Crisis Counseling, Intervention, and Prevention in the Schools. He is also a past president of the American Psychological Association's Division 16 (School Psychology). All three authors have vast experience implementing crisis response plans and working with school administrators to evaluate their effectiveness.
- Author(s)Jonathan Sandoval,Sharon Lewis,Stephen E. Brock
- PublisherJohn Wiley and Sons Ltd
- Date of Publication30/01/2001
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight782 g
- Width165 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine30 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.