Preschool in Three Cultures Revisited: China, Japan, and the United States by Mayumi Karasawa, Yeh Hsueh, Joseph Tobin (Hardback, 2009)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $77.11Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by the_nile
- Est. delivery by 16 Mar
- AU $28.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPublished twenty years ago, the original Preschool in Three Cultures was a landmark in the study of education: a profoundly enlightening exploration of the different ways preschoolers are taught in China, Japan, and the United States. Here, lead author Joseph Tobin - along with new collaborators Yeh Hsueh and Mayumi Karasawa - revisits his original research to discover how two decades of globalization and sweeping social transformation have affected the way these three cultures educate and care for their youngest pupils. Putting their subjects' responses into historical perspective, Tobin, Hsueh, and Karasawa analyze the pressures put on schools to evolve and to stay the same, discuss how the teachers adapt to these demands, and examine the patterns and processes of continuity and change in each country. Preschool in Three Cultures Revisited artfully and insightfully illustrates the surprising, illuminating, and at times entertaining experiences of four-year-olds - and their teachers - on both sides of the Pacific.
- Author BiographyJoseph Tobin is the Nadine Mathis Basha Professor in Early Childhood Education at Arizona State University and the author or editor of several books. Yeh Hsueh is associate professor in the Department of Counseling, Educational Psychology, and Research at the University of Memphis. Mayumi Karasawa is professor of cultural psychology at Tokyo Woman's Christian University.
- Author(s)Joseph Tobin,Mayumi Karasawa,Yeh Hsueh
- PublisherThe University of Chicago Press
- Date of Publication21/08/2009
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationChicago, IL
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintUniversity of Chicago Press
- Content Note112 halftones, 1 table
- Weight522 g
- Width90 mm
- Height60 mm
- Spine23 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.