All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe effective management of diabetes can delay or even prevent the development of complications. Patients will often need to take a variety of medications, in addition to embracing lifestyle changes, to achieve this. Prescribing in Diabetes gives clear information about the options for treating the various aspects of diabetes, such as abrmal blood glucose, high blood pressure and abrmal cholesterol. It also gives practical advice on how to support people in managing their problems independently and improve their lifestyle, by making better choices armed with a thorough understanding of the condition and options for treatment. Chapters cover the range of methods available for the delivery of medicines to patients, the differences between type 1 and type 2 diabetes and an overview on how the drugs work. The book also discusses rmal blood glucose regulation, self-monitoring, weight management, smoking cessation and the management of the most common complications.
- Author BiographyJill Hill is a Diabetes Nurse Consultant, Community Diabetes Team, Birmingham East and North Primary Care Trust, UK. Molly Courtenay is a Professor of Prescribing and Medicines Management, University of Reading, UK.
- Author(s)Jill Hill,Molly Courtenay
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication29/05/2008
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note21 b/w illus. 22 tables
- Weight240 g
- Width123 mm
- Height186 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.46New
- AU $7.03New
- AU $20.24New
- AU $33.17New
- AU $30.31New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $39.16Trending at AU $43.28
- AU $29.55Trending at AU $30.31
- AU $61.61Trending at AU $62.90
- AU $49.19Trending at AU $52.58
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $30.72
- AU $28.35Trending at AU $30.17
- AU $3.54Trending at AU $7.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.