All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.17
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.75
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.64
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.76
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $25.57
About this product
- DescriptionPresent Past is a collection of stories, artwork, and poetry by Ava Kadishson Schieber. Like her debut work, Soundless Roar, this multi-genre collection creates rich and varied pathways for readers to approach Schieber as well as the absorbing events and transformations in her life as a Holocaust survivor. The focus of Present Past is her life after the Shoah. Rejecting stereotypes of survivors as traumatized or broken, Schieber is stark yet exuberant, formidable yet nuanced. The woman whoemerges in Schieber's Present Past is a multifaceted, heterogeneous figure-poet, artist, and survivor. In it, she plays the passionate observer who dispassionately curates the kaleidoscopicmemories of her tumultuous personal and professional life in Belgrade, Prague, Tel Aviv, New York, and Chicago. Organized into thirteen chapters, each a blend of images, poems, and narrative, this moving new work offers myriad points of entry to readers of these genres, those fascinated in the relationship between the Holocaust and art, as well as readers interested in memory and survivorship.
- Author BiographyAva Kadishson Schieber was born in Novi Sad, a city near Belgrade, Yugoslavia, and survived the Holocaust in hiding on an isolated farm. A Chicago resident for thirty years, she is the author of Soundless Roar.
- Author(s)Ava Kadishson Schieber
- PublisherNorthwestern University Press
- Date of Publication30/12/2016
- SubjectPoetry Texts & Poetry Anthologies
- Place of PublicationEvanston
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNorthwestern University Press
- Weight431 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine20 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.