All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionWhile there's doubt that setting high standards for yourself is a good thing, you've probably already ticed that perfectionism can come at a high price. And when you take steps to try to change, it's easy to beat yourself up and fall into the same traps that keep you feeling stressed and disappointed. This book presents a revolutionary approach to overcoming perfectionism-a way to transform your need for precision into self-acceptance, compassion, and love for each perfectly imperfect passing moment in our lives. In Present Perfect, you'll use the Buddhist psychology of mindfulness to learn to accept the present moment in all of its ordinary perfection. This book is filled with over 150 exercises and meditations that you can practice to become more flexible toward yourself and others without losing your love of a job well done. With this compassionate approach, you'll soon be able t only to accept life as it is, but also become more accepting and forgiving of yourself and others.
- Author BiographyPavel Somov, Ph.D., is a licensed psychologist in private practice in Pittsburgh, PA. After serving in the Soviet military and completing his undergraduate degree at Moscow State Pedagogical University, he immigrated to the United States to pursue a career in psychology. He received his doctorate from State University of New York at Buffalo. Somov is author of Eating the Moment, Present Perfect, and the upcoming Smoke Break and The Lotus Effect.
- Author(s)Pavel G. Somov
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication09/07/2010
- SubjectPopular Psychology
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Weight288 g
- Width231 mm
- Height159 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.17Trending at AU $52.09
- AU $32.77Trending at AU $40.84
- AU $30.36Trending at AU $40.12
- AU $31.97Trending at AU $45.25
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.66
- AU $33.33Trending at AU $36.06
- AU $15.79Trending at AU $25.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.