Present This!: Everything You Ever Wanted to Know about Presenting and Public Speaking and Were Afraid to Ask. by Jennifer Burrows (Paperback / softback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $51.31+ AU $2.99 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by bookhub-au
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $53.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $61.65New
- AU $7.64New
- AU $20.61New
- AU $33.28New
- AU $29.94New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $61.65
- AU $3.99Trending at AU $7.64
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.58
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $29.94
- AU $56.72Trending at AU $63.10
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $52.75
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.36
About this product
- DescriptionPresent This; everything you ever wanted to kw about presenting and public speaking and were afraid to ask is a conversation about public speaking and presentation skills with those who do it best - real people who speak for a living, including public speakers, presenters and trainers across industry sectors. At the heart of this book are insights into WHAT successful speakers and presenters do to achieve their results and, importantly, HOW they think, the tools they use, and the actions they take. Within minutes you will want... and be able... to make a difference to your life, your career and your speaking future. New and experienced presenters will benefit from learning about: The dreaded nerves: how experienced speakers manage them (and you can too!) How to build your confidence as a speaker - even if you're starting at zero How to keep going when it all gets 'too much' Presentation preparation - specific methods seasoned presenters use The 'best moves' of top presenters Disaster recovery - when things go wrong Pre-presentation rituals for success What inspires, motivates, and drives those who live their life on the stage The first step you can take to follow in their footsteps today. Plus get the Five Minute Phobia Cure to kick your nerves to the kerb, a guide to creating your Elevator Pitch and a template for your speakers kit to help you get started w.
- Author BiographyBorn and raised in Scotland, Jennifer delivered her first presentation at the ripe old age of eight, motivating her similarly aged 'sales force' to sell painted stones to the neighbours. This was also her first entrepreneurial venture and did a roaring trade until mum found out. Jen has made it her mission to overhaul corporate communications from lacklustre to the remarkable. She has a knack for converting uneasy speakers into brilliant presenters by working closely with them to increase their confidence, authority and presence when addressing any audience. Her natural ability to connect, listen and emphasize with people also helps her to craft winning pitches that focus on identifying the most convincing arguments and encouraging her clients rehearsals until they're unconsciously confident and word perfect. Since 2005, she has advised blue chip organizations and government bodies on their internal and external communications, facilitating transformational training events and deconstructing thousands of corporate pitches and presentations. Jen's genuine interest in the development of human potential through coaching and mentoring coupled with her professional experience means she has an intimate understanding of both the interpersonal demands placed on today's senior leaders and the know-how to cultivate an individual's promise in presentation and communication skills. As a result, she is a sought after professional speaker on the business and motivational circuit, renowned for her engaging, entertaining and exhilarating style. Her presentations are as dynamic as they are fun, filled with personal anecdotes and accessible wisdom that leave audiences feeling inspired and enthusiastic for change. On a personal note, those unwary souls who ask Jen what really drives her will find she can't stop talking about presenting, speaking, audience behavior and why people do what they do. For Jen, watching people communicate, listening to their language and how they construct what they say is better than TV - she often wonders why anyone bothers with the box when they can have a front row seat to the dramas unfolding every day around us. A self-confessed coffee addict and a terrible cook, Jen currently lives in Melbourne, Australia, is married to the most wonderful (and, more significantly, the most understanding) man on earth, has four children, a free spirited 'bit of everything' dog and is enthusiastically involved with a number of charitable organisations.
- Author(s)Jennifer Burrows
- PublisherMcQuarrie House Publishing
- Date of Publication31/03/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcQuarrie House Publishing
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight381 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Explore Buying Guides
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.