All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the first book ever for n-native speakers on how to conduct technical demos and training sessions. You will also learn how to present your company, and explain your products and services. The book is designed to help both those who have never done presentations before, as well as those whose English is already good but who want to improve their presentation skills. The focus is on language, rather than on the creation of slides from a technical/artistic point of view. This book will help you to: * prepare and practice a well organized, interesting and memorable presentation* give effective demos and training sessions either on site or via audio/video conference* highlight the essential points you want the audience to remember* avoid problems in English by using short easy-to-say sentences* involve your audience, check their understanding, and deal with their questions* improve your pronunciation* overcome problems with nerves and embarrassment* motivate your audience to listen and act on what you have said There is an introduction for trainers on how to teach presentations and demos within a Business English course.
- Author BiographyWallwork, a native English speaker from the UK, has 25 years of experience teaching English at various IT companies in Pisa, Italy. He has published 13 books with Springer Science+Business Media.
- Author(s)Adrian Wallwork
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication20/06/2014
- SubjectELT Course Materials
- Series TitleGuides to Professional English
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note9 black & white illustrations, 27 black & white tables, biography
- Weight409 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine14 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $87.99Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.15Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.