All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe Tilanqiao neighborhood of the Hongkew district in Shanghai, China had become in the mid-1940s, as a result of European discrimination against the Jews, a Noah's ark for sheltering Jews and contained a large number of elite Jewish people from Central Europe, endowing it with cultural prestige. This illustrated collection of remembrances, and history of the neighborhood's contemporary reconstruction, puts the Shanghai Jewish experience into multiple perspectives. Due to its historical and cultural position, and its historic architectural style, the Hongkew Ghetto has been listed as one of twelve historical and cultural areas in Shanghai-the smallest in geographical size yet holding an outsized historical legacy.
- Author BiographyZhang Yanhua is director of the Training and Research Department of the World Heritage Institute of Training and Research for Asia and the Pacific. Wang Jian is a researcher at Shanghai Academy of Social Sciences, member of the governing board of the Chinese Academy of Social Science, deputy director of Shanghai International Studies Center and deputy director of the Center of Jewish Studies Shanghai.
- Author(s)Wang Jian,Zhang Yanhua
- PublisherBridge21 Publications, LLC
- Date of Publication30/08/2016
- SubjectRegional History
- Place of PublicationLos Angeles
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBridge21 Publications, LLC
- Weight295 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine10 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.65New
- AU $93.38Used
- AU $93.38New
- AU $101.47New
- AU $80.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.00
- AU $88.13Trending at AU $90.54
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.44
- AU $39.02Trending at AU $50.24
- AU $69.89Trending at AU $74.12
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.80
- AU $21.33Trending at AU $23.60
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.