All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe year is 1944. Near the White House, the Vice President's aide is inexplicably murdered in the middle of an investigation. The Secret Service thought they were tailing a simple mole. Instead, the aide's dying breath implicates Vice President Henry Wallace as the leading Soviet spy. The stakes are raised when Wallace becomes President upon FDR's death, fulfilling a prediction made by the Sleeping Prophet, Edgar Cayce. Adept at the spy game, Wallace comes to realize that he is locked in a deadly war against a nameless group that kws his every move and believes he is a traitor. But Wallace can't distinguish between old allies and new enemies. He is playing a double game with the Soviets that brings him to the edge of treason. Wallace can only save the world from nuclear annihilation if he steps further into the darkness of Cayce's cryptic prophecies. Yet in so doing he risks his own assassination and unleashing forces greater than his or the enemy's militaries can handle. In a break from the traditional suspense vel, Henry Wallace and the Sleeping Prophet reimagines WWII, culminating with a Commander in Chief bent on avoiding nuclear confrontation at all costs. At the same time lightning paced, highly plausible, and meticulously researched, the vel proves to be tough to put down and stunning in its conclusion.
- Author BiographyDoug Moore has a BA in English literature from Colgate University and an MS from American University. He is an avid bibliophile, rare book collector and an amateur historian. Chris Moore graduated from Columbia University with a BA in American Studies. He is the co-author of White House European Pool Producer, Thea Rosenbaum's memoir, No Place for a Lady; and was editor and researcher for Abrashe Szabrinski's memoir, We Dared to Live, written about Szabrinski's time fighting as a partisan in the forests outside Vilna, Lithuania during WWII.
- Author(s)Chris Moore,Doug Moore
- PublisherBeacon House LLC
- Date of Publication11/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBeacon House LLC
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight422 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine17 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.90Trending at AU $33.42
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.99Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.