All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionEdited by a prominent Wall Street Journal editor and a distinguished Federalist Society thinker, PRESIDENTIAL LEADERSHIP, the first comprehensive book of its kind that rates U.S. presidents, includes an updated chapter on George W. Bush and his first term in office. The only national survey published in book form, it features multiple categories of best and worst rankings, most over- and underrated, and most controversial, to name a few, along with essays on each president and his leadership abilities. A variety of historians, scholars, journalists and current and former government officials weigh in with their opinions, from Jay Winik on Lincoln, Lynne Cheney on Madison, and John McCain on Theodore Roosevelt to Robert Bork on FDR, Kenneth Starr on Nixon, and Peggy Noonan on JFK. With William Bennett providing an engaging Foreword, readers can also enjoy provocative essays on the individual qualities essential for a Commander-in-Chief. Whether one is liberal, conservative, or anywhere in between, PRESIDENTIAL LEADERSHIP is an informative and engaging resource about the successes, failures and final legacies of the inhabitants of the Oval Office.
- Author BiographyJames Taranto is editor of OpinionJournal.com, the website of The Wall Street Journal's editorial page. Leonard Leo serves as executive vice president of the Federalist Society, an organization of 35,000 lawyers and other individuals committed to limited, constitutional government as envisioned by the framers of the Constitution. William J. Bennett served as Director of the Office of National Drug Control Policy under President George H. W. Bush and as Secretary of Education and Chairman of the National Endowment for the Humanities under President Reagan. He holds a bachelor of arts degree in philosophy from Williams College, a doctorate in political philosophy from the University of Texas, and a law degree from Harvard. He is the author of such bestselling books as The Educated Child, The Death of Outrage, The Book of Virtues, and the two-volume series America: The Last Best Hope. Dr. Bennett is the host of the nationally syndicated radio show Bill Bennett's Morning in America. He is also the Washington Fellow of the Claremont Institute and a regular contributor to CNN. He, his wife, Elayne, and their two sons, John and Joseph, live in Maryland.
- PublisherSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Date of Publication05/12/2005
- SubjectBiography: Historical, Political & Military
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSimon & Schuster Ltd
- Content Note43 b-w illustrations t-o; index
- Weight415 g
- Width139 mm
- Height214 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edited byJames Taranto,Leo D. Leonard
- Foreword byWilliam J. Bennett
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.40
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.73
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.12
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.27
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.08
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $39.86
- AU $34.16Trending at AU $34.94
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.