Preston Tucker and Others: Tales of Brilliant Automotive Innovators & Innovations by Arvid Linde (Paperback, 2011)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $15.54+ AU $7.50 postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by roxy*books
- See details for delivery est.
Nearly newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $26.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Like new condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionCan you imagine a world where people drive beautiful and unusual cars, created by designers prodigiously endowed with talent and imagination? Names like Preston Tucker, Carl Borgward and John DeLorean are hardly kwn today. Nevertheless, today's cars would be a lot different without their contributions to automotive engineering. Although the car is a techlogical and rational affair, it's the dreamers and eccentrics like these who have made the biggest contribution to the development of the industry; those who have had the ability to think beyond their time and conventions. Money doesn't drive progress in the car business - it is a passion for speed, and an obsession with mechanisms. Yet for many a dreamer, this passion has ended in fiasco. Misunderstood and pushed aside by their contemporaries, they have been forced to watch their dreams trampled underfoot. This book takes a look at the history of the car from a different angle, avoiding the mainstream moguls and telling a story about a man and his dream, and the like-minded people that came before and after him. Lavishly illustrated and intensively researched, it documents the making of some of the strangest and greatest cars of the past century. The main section is devoted to the unsung heroes of motoring, and the rest of the book shines a light on the many ingenious inventions we w take for granted. Let's show some respect to the dreamers. Our world wouldn't be so exciting without them.
- Author BiographyArvid Linde is a car enthusiast and appreciator of eccentric design ideas. He has an MSc degree in Car Engineering and Logistics, but has currently found himself on a career path of new media marketing. Arvid worked as a car journalist for more than 10 years before moving to the UK from Latvia. He now edits electriccarnews.co.uk website where he tries to unravel the question of whether the electric car is the answer to the green motoring needs of the 21st century, or just another government gimmick. It was the constant dissatisfaction with some modern car design tendencies that inspired him to write this book, an account of the times when engineers were more passionate about cars.
- Author(s)Arvid Linde
- PublisherVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication01/02/2011
- SubjectRoad & Motor Vehicles: General Interest
- Place of PublicationDorset
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintVeloce Publishing Ltd
- Content Note165
- Weight425 g
- Width152 mm
- Height225 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.22
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $18.30Trending at AU $24.34
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.54
- AU $22.32Trending at AU $36.99
- AU $40.77Trending at AU $45.02
- AU $16.90Trending at AU $20.15
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.