Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $7.00+ AU $6.00 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by worldofbooks-australia
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionA chance encounter She sees the teenage girl on the train platform, standing in the pouring rain, clutching an infant in her arms. She boards a train and is whisked away. But she can't get the girl out of her head...An act of kindness Heidi has always been charitable but her family are horrified when she returns home with a young woman named Willow and her baby in tow. Dishevelled and homeless, this girl could be a criminal - or worse. But despite the family's objections, Heidi offers them refuge. A tangled web of lies As Willow begins to get back on her feet, disturbing clues into her past starts to emerge. Now Heidi must question if her motives for helping the stranger are unselfish or rooted in her own failures. Praise for Pretty Baby 'Pretty Baby is almost hyptic and anything but predictable...This book will give insomniacs a compelling reason to sit up all night.' - Kirkus Praise for The Good Girl Selected as one of the Top Ten General Fiction Books of 2014 by Bookbag.co.uk 'A twisty, roller coaster ride of a debut. Fans of Gone Girl will embrace this equally evocative tale' - Lisa Gardner 'A sensational climax seals the deal' 'I hesitate to use that terrible cliche 'page-turner', but this powerful debut thriller is just that. It grabs you from the moment it starts' - Daily Mail 'Pulse pounding' - Heather Gudenkauf 'Sensational' - Metro 'One of the trickiest, cleverest, most rewarding human interest crime tales of this year.' - Top 100 Amazon reviewer Katharine Kirby 'Kubica's powerful debut will encourage comparisons to Gone Girl...[but] this girl has heart' - Publishers Weekly starred review 'Memorable and riveting' - Lovereading.co.uk 'As a debut, this is a stunning, well-written vel - Kubica is an author to watch.' - We Love This Book 'This psychological thriller gets right under your skin and leaves its mark. A tremendous read' - The Sun 'A complex tale of deceit, jealousy, fear and love played out against the bustling, bright lights of Chicago ...a stunning debut' - Crimethrillergirl.com 'If you love a dark mystery, The Good Girl will keep you entranced from the very first page to the end. Likened to the bestselling Gone Girl by Gillian Flynn, this psychological thriller looks set to be a blockbuster - and it's only Kubica's first vel! ...I can't wait for more from this talented writer' - Peterborough Evening Telegraph
- Author BiographyMary Kubica holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in History and American Literature from Miami University in Oxford, Ohio. She lives near Chicago with her husband and two children.
- Author(s)Mary Kubica
- PublisherHarlequin (UK)
- Date of Publication13/08/2015
- SubjectCrime, Thriller & Adventure
- Place of PublicationRichmond
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- Weight280 g
- Width126 mm
- Height198 mm
- Spine26 mm
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.91Trending at AU $29.95
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.50Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.