All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.89Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionThe definitive history of punk, told by one of punk's most kwledgeable experts. From the precursors of punk, through the famous Bill Grundy show when punk first hit the nation's consciousness to the modern-day heirs, such as Green Day and Busted, punk has evolved and taken over so many aspects of life that even banks w use punk lettering to appeal to their markets. In this brilliant account of punk, the authors have interviewed all the major figures to build up a complete portrait of a remarkable era of change in music and youth culture. Their story features Richard Branson, Malcolm McLaren, Vivienne Westwood, Tony Parsons and many more who took their early steps to fame and fortune around this time. Band members of The Clash, Stranglers, Sex Pistols and many others recall what happened, bringing their story to life with vivid anecdotes and telling detail. It is a book that true fan of music can afford to be without, for this is the ultimate inside account of punk, told by those who really were there from the beginning.
- Author BiographyPhil Strongman was at the 100 Club in 1976 when the Sex Pistols first performed there, was an extra in The Great Rock 'n' Roll Swindle, and has known many of punk's greatest figures for many years. He is a journalist and author.
- Author(s)Alan Parker,Phil Strongman
- PublisherOrion Publishing Co
- Date of Publication22/11/2007
- SubjectMusic & Dance
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOrion (an Imprint of The Orion Publishing Group Ltd )
- Content NoteIllustrations, ports.
- Weight486 g
- Width154 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine24 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.