Preventing Bipolar Relapse: A Lifestyle Program to Help You Maintain a Balanced Mood and Live Well by Ruth C. White (Paperback, 2014)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $18.58Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $25.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionIf you buy just one book on bipolar disorder, let this be it. There's an old saying: Prevention is better than cure. If you have bipolar disorder, this is especially true. For you, it's incredibly important to read the warning signs of a possible episode. For instance, you may find you are t sleeping as well as usual, or you might be sleeping too much. You may stop doing things that you rmally enjoy, or you may start acting out your impulses in ways that alienate those around you or get you into trouble. While the path to wellness for those with bipolar may involve psychiatric visits and medication adjustments, preventing manic and depressive episodes is the true key to staying healthy and happy. So how do you do it? And most importantly, how can you keep yourself motivated? In this powerful, breakthrough book, bipolar expert Ruth C. White shares her own personal approach to relapse prevention using the invative program SNAP (Sleep, Nutrition, Activity, and People). White also offers practical tips and tracking tools you can use anytime, anywhere. By making necessary lifestyle adjustments, you can maintain balanced moods, recognize the warning signs of an oncoming episode, and make the necessary changes to reduce or prevent it. This is the first and only book on bipolar disorder that focuses exclusively on prevention. To help you stay well, White includes links to helpful online tracking tools so that you can manage your symptoms, anytime, anywhere. If you are ready to stop living in fear of your next episode, this life-changing book can help you take charge of your diagsis--and your life.
- Author BiographyRuth C. White, PhD, MPH, MSW, is clinical associate professor at the University of Southern California's School of Social Work and has taught undergraduate and graduate students in social work for fifteen years. White received her MSW from McGill University and her PhD and MPH from the University of California, Berkeley. She has worked as a social worker in Canada, the US, and the UK in various types of social work settings, and she keeps a blog at bipolar-101.blogspot.com. To find out more about White, visit ruthcwhite.com.
- Author(s)Ruth C. White
- PublisherNew Harbinger Publications
- Date of Publication01/07/2014
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationOakland, CA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintNew Harbinger Publications
- Content Noteblack & white tables
- Weight266 g
- Width154 mm
- Height230 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (UK)
Explore Buying Guides
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $43.38New
- AU $30.34New
- AU $22.99New
- AU $30.81New
- AU $19.86New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $11.99Trending at AU $13.93
- AU $39.17Trending at AU $50.72
- AU $39.11Trending at AU $43.38
- AU $60.83Trending at AU $63.06
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.71
- AU $15.95Trending at AU $22.99
- AU $24.58Trending at AU $30.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.