Preventing Bullying in Schools: A Guide for Teachers and Other Professionals by Chris Lee (Paperback, 2004)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $42.36Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by buyitnowbooksoz2010
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $33.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- Description'Written from the whole-school perspective on bullying prevention, Chris Lee's book, Preventing Bullying in Schools: A Guide for Teachers and Other Professionals offers a series of activities and discussion points aimed at increasing awareness about bullying and informing school policy and practices. This practical guidebook is aimed primarily for teachers and others working in schools as well as students of education'- Education Review 'This is an easily readable book with many interesting and useful ideas and activities; a must read for anyone planning staff training on bullying' - Emotional Behavioural Difficulties 'The author provides practical advice on how to counter and prevent bullying in schools, suggesting exercises that will promote change. The book would make excellent INSET provision. It includes both classroom-based and staffroom -based activities and is a succinct reference for busy professionals' - Leadership Links (NAHT) 'What is admirable about this book is the way it takes a difficult and sometimes intangible issue and shows systematic strategies for dealing with it...This is a welcome book, a skilful mix of practical advice placed in a broader perspective of defining bullying carefully and exploring existing good practice' Geoff Barton, Times Educational Supplement 'The book is written in a clear and succinct and meaningful manner and it is vital that his book be in every classroom throughout the UK and most importantly that it is read, understood and followed! ' - Dr L F Lowenstein, Educational, Clinical and Forenscic Psychological Consultant 'The entire book makes an excellent INSET provision...it should be on all headteachers', senior staff and pastoral leaders' shelves' - David Hall, Assistant Headteacher 'Preventing Bullying in Schools is signally important reading for anyone directly or indirectly involved with the creation of a violence-free learning environment for children' - Midwest Book Review and Internet Bookwatch 'Easy to use, informative, and very practical' - Debate Designed to offer teachers, student teachers, teaching assistants and other educational professionals advice on how to counter and prevent bullying in schools, this book suggests classroom-based and staffroom-based activities that will help promote change. Tried and tested strategies are put forward based on the author's school-based research and regular work in schools, training staff who deal with incidents of bullying. Included is advice on: } understanding the termilogy } anti-bullying strategies } writing a whole-school policy } generating whole-school responsibility and involvement } useful contacts and organizations. The book shows what can be done to tackle an area of great concern to pupils, teachers and parents and makes powerful and realistic suggestions for ways forward. Chris Lee is a former teacher who w lectures and undertakes research at the University of Plymouth where he runs courses for teachers and teaching assistants.
- Author BiographyChris Lee was until recently Senior Lecturer in Education and Head of the School of Continuing Professional Development at the Faculty of Education, University of Plymouth. He has taught in secondary and special schools, and continues to work with teachers on issues of bullying and behaviour management. He is now a freelance educational consultant.
- Author(s)Chris Lee
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication04/06/2004
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintPaul Chapman Publishing Ltd
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width210 mm
- Height297 mm
- Spine13 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $78.84Trending at AU $111.00
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $40.67
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.96
- AU $18.76Trending at AU $24.41
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $48.98
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.29
- AU $51.96Trending at AU $53.03
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.