All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis book presents the results of a two-year international research project conducted for the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNDOC) to investigate and provide solutions for reducing bribery and corruption in corporations and institutions. It starts with an empirical case study on the effectiveness of a set of self-regulation rules adopted by multinational companies in the energy sector. Second, it explores the context and factors leading to corruption internationally (and the relationships between domestic criminal law and self-regulation). Third, it examines guidelines for the adoption of compliance programs developed by international institutions, to serve as models for the future. The principle result of the book is a three-pronged Anti-Bribery Corruption Model (so called ABC Model), endorsed by the United Nations, intended as a corruption prevention tool intended to be adopted by private corporations. This work provides a common, research-based standard for anti-bribery compliance programs, with international applications. This work will be of interest to researchers studying Crimilogy and Criminal Justice, particularly in the areas of organized crime and corruption, as well as related areas like Business Ethics and Comparative International Law.
- Author BiographyStefano Manacorda (BA University of Naples; LLM Universite Paris 1 Pantheon Sorbonne; PhD University of Florence), is a professor of Criminal Law at the University of Naples, associated at the Ecole de Droit de la Sorbonne - Universite Paris 1 and director of the research team Internormativities in Criminal Law at the College de France. He is Vice-President of SIDS (Societe internationale de Defense sociale), of ARPE (Association de Recherches Penales Europeennes) of ISPAC (International Scientific and Professional Advisory Council of the United Nations Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Programme). He has published extensively in the fields of European, Comparative and International Criminal Law. He is the author of more than one hundred scientific articles in several languages and has published eleven books in the area of European, International and Comparative Law.
- PublisherSpringer International Publishing AG
- Date of Publication21/10/2016
- SubjectManagement & Business: General
- Place of PublicationCham
- Country of PublicationSwitzerland
- ImprintSpringer International Publishing AG
- Content Note2 black & white illustrations, 21 black & white tables, biography
- Weight831 g
- Width155 mm
- Height235 mm
- Spine28 mm
- Edited byFrancesco Centonze,Gabrio Forti,Stefano Manacorda
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 2014
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.