All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPsychologists are increasingly consulted by public agencies, school districts, and businesses to assist in the prevention of major problems (e.g., school violence, drug addiction, and employee stress). This book provides a broad overview of the science and practice of prevention, including practical guidance for developing, implementing, and evaluating prevention programs.The author reviews:* the history of prevention * behavior change theories that guide prevention programs * risk and protective factors to target * professional issues related to ethics, education, and funding for prevention * Example programs from diverse settings are described, including programs in education, health care, and the community. Rich in resources, the book offers a one-stop introduction to prevention for professionals in multiple disciplines, such as health sciences, public policy, social work, and education.
- Author BiographyJohn L. Romano, PhD, is professor of educational psychology in the Counseling and Student Personnel Psychology Program at the University of Minnesota. He is also a licensed psychologist, and served two terms on the Minnesota Board of Psychology.
- Author(s)John L. Romano
- PublisherAmerican Psychological Association
- Date of Publication30/08/2014
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationWashington DC
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAmerican Psychological Association
- Weight567 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine18 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.