Price Theory and Applications: Decisions, Markets, and Information by Amihai Glazer, Jack Hirshleifer, David Hirshleifer (Paperback, 2005)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $68.43Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by books2anywhereuk
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $57.95+ AU $12.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis new seventh edition of the book offers extensive discussion of information, uncertainty, and game theory. It contains over a hundred examples illustrating the applicability of ecomic analysis t only to mainline ecomic topics but also issues in politics, history, biology, the family, and many other areas. These discussions generally describe recent research published in scholarly books and articles, giving students a good idea of the scientific work done by professional ecomists. In addition, at appropriate places the text provides 'applications' representing more extended discussions of selected topics including rationing in wartime (Chapter 5), import quotas (Chapter 7), alleged mopolistic suppression of inventions (Chapter 9), minimum wage laws (Chapter 11), the effects of Social Security upon saving (Chapter 15), fair division of disrupted property (Chapter 16) and whether individuals should pay ransom to a kidnapper (Chapter 17).
- Author BiographyJack Hirshleifer was a Fellow of the American Academy of Arts and Sciences and a Fellow of the Econometric Society. He served as Vice-President of the American Economic Association and as President of the Western Economic Association, and as a member of the Editorial Boards of the American Economic Review, the Journal of Economic Behavior and Organization, and of the new Journal of Bioeconomics. In 2000 he was elected a Distinguished Fellow of the American Economic Association. Amihai Glazer is Professor of Economics at the University of California, Irvine. He formerly taught at the Hebrew University, Carnegie Mellon University, and the University of Tampere, Finland. The author of more than 80 articles in professional journals, Professor Glazer is coauthor with Jack Hirshleifer of the Fifth Edition of Price Theory and Applications, coauthor with Laurence Rothenberg of Why Government Succeeds and Why It Fails (2001), and coeditor with Kai Konrad of Conflict and Governance (2003). He is a coeditor of the journal Economics of Governance. David Hirshleifer holds the Ralph M. Kurtz Chair of Finance at The Ohio State University. He previously taught at the Anderson School of UCLA and the University of Michigan Business School. The coauthor with Jack Hirshleifer of the Sixth Edition of Price Theory and Applications, David Hirshleifer has served as a director of the American Finance Association, editor of the Review of Financial Studies, and as associate editor or coeditor of several other journals in finance, economics, and corporate strategy. His papers have received a number of research awards, including the 1999 Smith-Breeden Award for the outstanding paper in the Journal of Finance.
- Author(s)Amihai Glazer,David Hirshleifer,Jack Hirshleifer
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication12/09/2005
- SubjectEconomics: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note187 b/w illus. 102 tables
- Weight1080 g
- Width177 mm
- Height253 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.77New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.64
- AU $60.91Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.30Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $32.50Trending at AU $33.66
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.