All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPride and Prejudice: Attending a Ball (SECOND EDITION) is a prequel to the vel Pride and Prejudice: Darcy Chooses in the Darcy and Elizabeth Series. The vel, a variation on Jane Austen's original, is scheduled for publication in the spring of 2014. Why this prequel SECOND EDITION? I've had many comments from my readers and reviewers about the 'Austenesque' writing style I used in these prequels - some positive and some negative. Based on those comments, and advice from my Editor, I decided to 'modernize' my writing style. It is my hope that this 'crossover' will appeal to both Jane Austen fans and readers of a more modern style of Regency romance. One of three prequels, this short story recounts the three days before the beginning of the vel from Elizabeth Bennet's perspective, and portrays the Bennets and Elizabeth's friends: Charlotte Lucas and Melanie Farrington. It also gives extra insight into each of the Bennet family members. Here is a brief preview: Melanie, guess what? What, Lizzy? Tell me immediately what you want to do. You kw that my ball gown is two years old, and I need new fabric, lace and ribbons for a new one. So...I asked Papa if I could go to Town to shop at Uncle Gardiner's warehouse for some beautiful silk fabric for a new gown, and Papa said yes. *** For a few minutes, silence reigned. Then, with an unnerving move for the passengers, the coach suddenly slid sideways, struck a large rock on the side of the road, tipped and began to roll sideways. Screaming horses, being dragged along, were heard as the coach continued its roll down an incline and eventually came to a stop. All was quiet in the coach. About the other two prequels: Pride and Prejudice: Darcy and Bingley recounts Darcy's and Bingley's first encounter, some of their history together and their current activities a few days before the start of the vel. It also answers the question of how these two disparate personalities could form such a strong friendship. The question that remains is 'will this friendship survive the events of the near future?' Pride and Prejudice: Pemberley and Beyond looks at the history of Pemberley House, how Darcy is truly Master of Pemberley and what his vision is for the future of his beloved home. Will Elizabeth Bennet become Mistress of Pemberley or will Fitzwilliam Darcy have to look elsewhere?
- Author BiographyThere are many Jane Austen fans worldwide, and Gianna Thomas is one of them. After reading nearly 200 P&P variations and fan fictions, she was totally fascinated by the variety of plots of eager authors. Soon, she had P&P plots of her own running through her head. Gianna is having an absolute ball writing about Darcy and Elizabeth. Her goal is to entertain and touch hearts as well. Gianna is a ghostwriter of poetry and e-books and looks forward to her writings appearing under her own name.
- Author(s)Gianna Thomas
- Date of Publication21/05/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectRomance & Sagas
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight73 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $12.84Trending at AU $16.78
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.08
- AU $19.77Trending at AU $20.54
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.08
- AU $47.08Trending at AU $49.55
- AU $21.78Trending at AU $22.68
- AU $34.27Trending at AU $40.32
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.