All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionOne of the most famous opening lines in English literature, the most compelling of stories, and a host of vivid characters, has won Pride and Prejudice its rightful pride-of-place on bookshelves throughout the world. For Mr Bennet, a quiet life is to be highly commended. For Mrs Bennet, finding eligible husbands for her five daughters is the most important of a mother's duties. For Elizabeth, marrying without affection is unthinkable. But for them all, life is about to change when a handsome young man and his equally handsome and wealthy companion, take residence nearby. Grand country estates, beautiful women, and eligible young men all play their part in this unforgettable story that has delighted readers for 200 years. A story where comedy, heartache and romance interweave to make Pride and Prejudiceone of the most popular and enduring vels in the English language.
- Author BiographyJane Austen was born in the small village of Steventon in Hampshire on 16th December 1775. She was the seventh of eight children and throughout her life was especially close to her only sister, Cassandra. Jane never married and only once, very briefly, was engaged. In 1814, giving advice to a niece, and echoing Jane Bennet in Pride and Prejudice, she wrote, Anything is to be preferred or endured rather than marrying without affection. She was 36 before her first novel was published and during her lifetime she made little more than 700 from her writing. Her novels, however, have proved enduringly popular, and since 1833 have never been out of print. Jane became ill in 1816 and died in the arms of her sister on 18th July 1817. She was 41 years old. Cassandra wrote, I have lost such a sister, such a friend as can never have been surpassed... She was the sun of my life. Four of Jane's novels were published during her lifetime: Sense and Sensibility(1811), Pride and Prejudice(1813), Mansfield Park (1814) and Emma (1816). Northanger Abbey and Persuasion were published posthumously in 1818.
- Author(s)Jane Austen
- Date of Publication29/10/2013
- SubjectGraphic Novels: Non-fiction & Literary
- Place of PublicationNew Delhi
- Country of PublicationIndia
- Content Note1
- Weight328 g
- Width193 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine8 mm
Best-selling in Fiction Books
Save on Fiction Books
- AU $47.99Trending at AU $53.25
- AU $23.66Trending at AU $30.15
- AU $62.20Trending at AU $75.18
- AU $19.98Trending at AU $20.58
- AU $29.99Trending at AU $31.14
- AU $47.56Trending at AU $49.65
- AU $20.51Trending at AU $24.13
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.