Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.40
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.83
- AU $94.90Trending at AU $97.85
- AU $29.08Trending at AU $33.28
- AU $30.74Trending at AU $37.18
- AU $23.06Trending at AU $32.95
- AU $69.55Trending at AU $86.07
About this product
- DescriptionWith chapter sequencing following the new Curriculum, this book supports you to make use of the opportunities presented in the National Curriculum for effective and engaging Primary English teaching. Covering all areas of the new National Curriculum for primary English and offering insight into effective teaching, it helps you connect what you need to teach, to how it can be taught. It opens up the opportunities in the new curriculum for creative and imaginative teaching and covers all areas of children's literacy from poetry and literature to SPAG. Throughout the text, case studies of teaching are used as a starting point for learning and guidance on practical teaching strategies is included in all chapters. A comprehensive guide to the teaching of primary English that will help you secure your subject kwledge and transform your teaching.
- Author BiographyDavid Waugh is subject leader for Primary English at Durham University. A former deputy headteacher, David worked in ITT from 1990 at the University of Hull, where he led the PGCE course and became Head of Department. In 2008 he was appointed as National Strategies Regional Adviser for ITT. As well as his educational writing, David also writes children's stories, including Lottie's Run published in 2015. Dr Wendy Jolliffe is Head of Scarborough School of Education at the University of Hull and has strategic responsibility for Teacher Education. Wendy is a former deputy headteacher who has worked in Initial Teacher Training (ITT) for 10 years. She worked as a Regional Adviser for ITT for the National Strategies from 2008 to 2010. Kate Allott is Senior Lecturer in Education at York St John University. Kate worked as a literacy consultant in a local authority from the inception of the National Literacy Strategy. More recently she spent two years as a regional adviser with the Primary National Strategy, working on the Communication, Language and Literacy Development initiative.
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication23/09/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintSAGE Publications Ltd
- Out-of-print date09/01/2017
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight667 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine21 mm
- Edited byDavid Waugh,Kate Allott,Wendy Jolliffe
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.