All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essential teaching theory and practice text for primary mathematics. Covering the skills of planning, monitoring and assessment and class management, it relates these specifically to primary mathematics. With full coverage of the theory and practice required for effective and creative mathematics teaching, this text is an essential guide for all trainees working towards QTS. Throughout, practical guidance and features support trainees to translate this learning to the classroom, embed ICT in their lessons and to understand the wider context of their teaching. This 7th edition has been updated in line with the new National Curriculum.
- Author BiographyClaire Mooney is an Instructor at the School of Education and Professional Learning, Trent University, Canada. Mary Briggs is an Associate Professor at the Institute of Education, University of Warwick where she teaches across a range of the Institute's undergraduate and postgraduate programmes. Mary was an Early Years, primary and SEN teacher for many years, including deputy and headship before working as an academic in the University sector. Alice Hansen is the Director of Children Count Ltd where she is educational consultant. Her work includes running professional development courses and events for teachers and teacher trainers, research and publishing. Alice has worked in education in England and abroad. Prior to her current work she was a primary mathematics tutor and the programme leader for a full-time primary PGCE programme at a large university in England. Judith McCullouch is a Senior Lecturer in Primary Mathematics Education and PGCE Programme Director at the University of Winchester. Mike Fletcher is a Lecturer in Mathematics Education at the Research and Graduate School of Education, University of Southampton.
- Author(s)Alice Hansen,Claire Mooney,Judith McCullouch,Mary Briggs,Mike Fletcher
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication26/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAchieving QTS Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight431 g
- Width171 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $13.75Trending at AU $17.77
- AU $69.53Trending at AU $85.78
- AU $56.99Trending at AU $71.10
- AU $35.12Trending at AU $54.44
- AU $17.60Trending at AU $22.00
- AU $29.91Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $35.62Trending at AU $37.37
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.