All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe essential teaching theory and practice text for primary science. Covering the skills of planning, monitoring, assessment and class management, it relates these specifically to primary science. With full coverage of the theory and practice required for effective and creative science teaching, this text is an essential guide for all trainees working towards QTS. Throughout, practical guidance and features support trainees to translate this learning to the classroom, embed ICT in their lessons and to understand the wider context of their teaching. This 7th edition has been updated in line with the new National Curriculum.
- Author BiographyJohn Sharp is Head of Research and Professor of Education Studies at the Centre for Educational Development and Research, Bishop Grosseteste University College. Graham Peacock is Principal Lecturer in Education at Sheffield Hallam University. He has taught children across the primary and secondary age ranges. Rob Johnsey, formerly a primary school teacher, lectured in primary science in the Institute of Education at the University of Warwick for several years. Shirley Simon is Lecturer in the School of Education at King's College, London. I was appointed Lecturer in Sociology in 2012. I am currently PhD Programme Co-ordinator and convenor of three undergraduate modules. My research and teaching is concerned with the everyday life of urban public spaces. I am interested in, and encourage students to take an interest in, both the street-level politics of city life and the mundane accomplishment of mobility practices and interaction. These themes have been addressed through research on everyday sense-making in regenerated space, practices of street-based welfare and vulnerable urban groups and, most recently, an investigation of co-operative mobility practices. I also have an abiding interest in social science methodology as a topic of inquiry.
- Author(s)Alan Cross,Diane Harris,Graham A. Peacock,John Sharp,Rob Johnsey,Robin Smith,Shirley Simon
- PublisherSAGE Publications Ltd
- Date of Publication28/06/2014
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Series TitleAchieving QTS Series
- Place of PublicationExeter
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintLearning Matters Ltd
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight272 g
- Width168 mm
- Height241 mm
- Spine10 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
- AU $15.69Trending at AU $23.81
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.