Primer on Posttraumatic Growth: An Introduction and Guide by Mary Beth Werdel, Robert J. Wicks (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $54.43Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by blackwelloxford
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $73.95+ AU $7.99 postage
- Very good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFrom the inspiring chapter quotes, to relevant historical and current research, to practical clinical directions, Primer on Posttraumatic Growth takes a giant step toward both grounding us and moving us ahead with strong hope for adjustment and growth in the post-trauma/loss world. This is a comprehensive, practical, and readable work that should be at hand for any mental health clinician, pastoral care professional, or student preparing for these professions. J. Shep Jeffreys, EdD, FT, author of Helping Grieving People When Tears Are Not Eugh: A Handbook for Care Providers, Second Edition A guide for helping your clients overcome negative events, based on the latest research on posttraumatic growth Drawing on the growing empirical and theoretical material on posttraumatic growth an outgrowth of the positive psychology movement Primer on Posttraumatic Growth provides insight, depth, and treatment recommendations for both the clinicians who work with those who have experienced dramatic negative events in their lives and for other professionals who support victims of trauma and extreme stress. This essential primer examines: * The connections between meaning and growth * The impact of cognitive processing on posttraumatic growth * Positive emotion and posttraumatic growth * Posttraumatic growth and an open personality * The human drive to be in positive and important interpersonal relationships * Forgiveness: can it be extended towards all areas of posttraumatic growth? * Posttraumatic growth and religious and spiritual variables * Wisdom and posttraumatic growth
- Author BiographyMARY BETH WERDEL, PhD, is an assistant professor at Fordham University. She writes and lectures on the relationships between posttraumatic growth and both positive and negative aspects of spirituality. Dr. Werdel is also a Licensed Professional Counselor and family therapist, skilled in working with families from a variety of cultural and experiential backgrounds. ROBERT J. WICKS, PsyD, is a clinical psychologist and a professor at Loyola University Maryland, where he teaches in the largest CACREP-approved counseling program of its type in the world. The author of more than forty-five books, Wicks is a recognized expert in the prevention of secondary stress. He has addressed thousands of educators and professionals, including students at the FBI Academy and caregivers in China, Vietnam, Northern Ireland, and South Africa.
- Author(s)Mary Beth Werdel,Robert J. Wicks
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication04/09/2012
- SubjectPsychology: Professional & General
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight368 g
- Width157 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine17 mm
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.87
- AU $30.28Trending at AU $30.98
- AU $29.06Trending at AU $39.03
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $29.54Trending at AU $34.80
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.