All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionUnleash the results animal in yourself and your followers! In Primordial Leadership (c), seasoned C-executive Larry Duckworth applies cutting-edge Neuroscience ( brain science ) to the business world to reveal why people behave the way they do--at the most basic Primordial level--and how to leverage these powerful behavior insights into extraordinary results. Science has identified our most basic Primordial Drive(TM) as humans is to perpetuate the species' genes. Duckworth goes further and identifies how six enabling Primal Drives(TM)--Safety, Self-Interest, Hope and Transcendence, Honesty and Trust, Energy and Time Optimization, and Sociability--are at work in specific leadership settings. Harnessing these deeper Primordial forces present in all human animals can clearly differentiate you as a more powerful, valuable leader to both your followers, and the peers with whom you're competing. Duckworth's C-level practical, Primordially-based advice has been field-tested and proven in private and public businesses, n-profits, and government entities. Jam-packed with practical implementation insights, stories, methods, and tools proven to materially improve results, Duckworth also shows you how to take it to the street with the Judo Principle(TM), to leverage all the Primal Drives to work for you rather than against you. He also addresses special leadership contexts such as business turnarounds, military leadership, engineer leaders, female leaders, and older leaders. Primordial Leadership will help you ignite zeal; improve invation; effectively manage strategic, annual, and operating planning; avoid change resistance; and kw what to do when there is way out. True leadership excellence is within you. It's time to unleash the beast! - Primordial Leadership introduces new, deepest, Neuroscience-based powerful insights into what really drives human behavior at the animal level, for the first time. - MBA training, 25+ years of C-experience and research, and college level teaching provide powerful Neuroscience insights that go beyond historical leadership views to present real life, actionable ideas that work uniquely well. - Many usable tools, methods, and what t to do recommendations are provided. - In addition to practical ideas for leading commercial companies, specific advice is provided for government leaders, military leaders, n-profit leaders, turn-around leaders, engineering and financial leaders, female leaders, and older leaders. - Powerful new planning and change management ideas are provided, based on Neuroscience findings and direct use experiences; and presentations for the Process Excellence Network. - Primordial techniques support Continuous Process Improvement (CPI), Lean Six Sigma, and fostering a continually learning organization.
- Author BiographyLawrence D. Duckworth is a serial C-executive with 25+ years of line leadership experience. He has an MBA, and has taught business courses at universities and for industry, and has served on non-profits boards. He is an inductee into the Beta Gamma Sigma National Business Honorary, and a U.S. Army veteran.
- Author(s)Lawrence D Duckworth
- PublisherMorgan James Publishing
- Date of Publication21/01/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectCareers & Success
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMorgan James Publishing
- Weight181 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $16.08Trending at AU $23.14
- AU $69.60Trending at AU $90.30
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $24.13Trending at AU $27.75
- AU $41.84Trending at AU $49.87
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.87
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.