Prince Philip: Wise Words and Golden Gaffes by Phil Dampier, Ashley Walton (Paperback, 2012)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $16.95Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by wordery
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $22.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionHis Royal Highness Prince Philip, the Duke of Edinburgh: irascible, controversial, outspoken, forthright and funny; the Gaffer, the Prince of Political Incorrectness, the Duke of Hazard, Phil the Greek. Whatever you call him - and he doesn't give a damn - you've got to love him! Now in his nineties, on he goes - undaunted, unrepentant and, if less active, just as amusing. This compilation is a celebration of the wit and wisdom of a man whose unique style, down-to-earth humour and -nsense approach have brought colour into our lives. With delicious disregard for public opinion, his quips and faux pas have provided fodder for cartoonists and columnists for decades, and his one-liners are globally famous. But less well kwn, perhaps, is his perception about the state of the world we inhabit and his thoughtfulness about the lives we live. Prince Philip: Wise Words and Golden Gaffes is a collection of quips, quotes and comments from our beloved British institution, Prince Philip: his latest remarks on the events of 2012 and corkers from years gone by, as well as his more thoughtful opinions. With everything from frustrated beards and bloody great mechanical copulators to a bit of French bashing (and that ghastly place Stoke), it will have you holding your sides. Phil Dampier and Ashley Walton, seasoned court reporters who have both followed and written about the royal family for decades, present an affectionate portrait of an extraordinary figure who is in many ways ahead of his time. Illustrated by the popular cartoonist Richard Jolley.
- Author BiographyPhil Dampier has been writing about the royal family for 26 years. Between 1986 and 1991 he covered the royal beat for The Sun, Britain's biggest-selling daily newspaper. As a freelance journalist for the last 20 years, he has travelled to more than 50 countries, following members of the House of Windsor, and his articles have been published in dozens of newspapers and magazines worldwide. He frequently appears on radio and TV, and gave expert analysis for Global National TV of Canada during their coverage of the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge in April 2011. Ashley Walton was the royal correspondent of the Daily Express from 1979 to 1992. He travelled to every continent covering numerous tours, including the Queen and Prince Philip in India, Africa and China. He was one of the first reporters to identify a young Lady Diana Spencer as a future royal bride, and covered her last tour with Prince Charles to South Korea in 1992. He was also among the first to reveal the romance between Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson.
- Author(s)Ashley Walton,Phil Dampier
- PublisherMedina Publishing Ltd
- Date of Publication11/11/2012
- SubjectBiography: Royalty
- Place of PublicationSurbiton
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintBarzipan Publishing
- Content Note19 cartoon illustrations
- Weight340 g
- Width148 mm
- Height200 mm
- Spine12 mm
- Illustrator(s)Richard Jolley
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
Women Who Run with Wolves: Myths and Stories of the Wild Woman Archetype by Clarissa Pinkola Estes (Paperback, 1996)
- AU $14.47New
- AU $7.52Used
- AU $23.00New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.30Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.