All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionMiri lives on a mountain where, for generations, her ancestors have lived a simple life. Then word comes that the king's priests have divined her village the home of the future princess. In a year's time, the prince will choose his bride from among the village girls.The king's ministers set up an academy on the mountain, and every teenage girl must attend and learn how to become a princess. Soon Miri finds herself confronted with a harsh academy mistress, bitter competition among the girls, and her own conflicting desires. Winning the contest could give her everything she ever wanted-but it would mean leaving her home and family behind.Packaged with a fresh cover, this timelessly charming, award-winning story from best-selling author Shann Hale is sure to enchant a whole new generation of readers.
- Author BiographyShannon Hale is the Newbery Honor winning and New York Times bestselling author of the Princess Academy series; Book of a Thousand Days; The Books of Bayern; Dangerous; and the graphic novels Rapunzel's Revenge and Calamity Jack. She also wrote three novels for adults, including Austenland, now a major motion picture starring Keri Russell. She and her husband, the author Dean Hale, have four children and live near Salt Lake City, Utah. Visit Shannon online at www.shannonhale.com and on Twitter at @HaleShannon.
- Author(s)Shannon Hale
- PublisherBloomsbury Publishing Plc
- Date of Publication25/03/2015
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitlePrincess Academy
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBloomsbury Childrens Books
- Weight295 g
- Width127 mm
- Height196 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement2nd
Best-selling in Other Children & Young Adults
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.