All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionTuberous Sclerosis Complex-those are some pretty big words, especially for a little kid. But these big words don't have to be so hard to understand. They don't have to be scary or strange-and neither does the condition they name. Princess Katie the Brave: A Story About Living with TSC introduces young readers to this rare genetic disorder in a very approachable, child-friendly way. The story centers on a young, happy princess, Katie, who has TSC and feels different because she goes to the doctor and hospital more often than the other princes and princesses in her kingdom. As Princess Katie learns more about her condition, she meets other princes and princesses who also have TSC. She soon discovers that she is t alone-and that she doesn't have to feel weird just because she has special needs. Parents, teachers, and caregivers of children affected by TSC, whether directly or indirectly, will find this lighthearted, hopeful title a very useful tool for explaining the disorder to their young readers. It will help kids accept and understand the special needs associated with TSC and will inspire readers of all ages to look at the world through more accepting eyes.
- Author BiographyJennifer Flinn lives in Ottawa, Canada, where she works as an elementary school teacher and is studying for a doctorate degree in education. A loving wife and proud mother, she currently sits on the board of directors for TSC Canada and is firmly dedicated to helping others understand Tuberous Sclerosis Complex (TSC), the rare genetic disorder with which one of her two daughters was born. Princess Katie the Brave: A Story About Living with TSC is her first book.
- Author(s)Jennifer Flinn
- PublisherCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Date of Publication07/06/2014
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCreatespace Independent Publishing Platform
- Content Notecolour illustrations
- Weight59 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine2 mm
- Illustrator(s)Jessica Fleury
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.