About this product
- DescriptionA brand-new story in the best-selling Princess Poppy series with gorgeous coloured pages! Poppy is very excited because she is hosting her first ever sleepover. Honey, Sweetpea, Mimosa and Abigail are all coming to stay and there are lots of treats in store, including beauty treatments, dance routines, midnight feasts and a nature walk in Wildspice Woods the next morning. Much to the girls excitement, heavy sw falls during the night and when they wake up, everything is covered by a deep layer of sparkling sw. But they soon realize that the swstorm isn't just fun and games.Things start to really get serious when Aunt Marigold's General Store runs out of food supplies, the log man can't get through because all the roads are blocked and Honey injures herself. Some of the villagers are even without electricity and phone lines. Will the villagers manage to stay warm and fed and will the community spirit of the Honeypot Hill residents shine through and help everyone pull together until the storm is over? And will Poppy save the day? Find out in this brilliant new Princess Poppy adventure.
- Author BiographyJaney Louise Jones was born in Edinburgh and grew up by the seaside just outside the city. Janey published the first two Princess Poppy books herself (with her own illustrations) and the books were so popular that Random House Children's Books soon bought the series and re-packaged the books. The series is now going from strength to strength, including picture books, novels for young readers, activity books and sumptuous gift books. Janey read English at Edinburgh University specializing in the Victorian novel. Following this she became a teacher - a career that she absolutely adored - and then, with her husband, set up The Jelly Club, which has become an extremely successful chain of children's activity centres in Scotland. She still very much enjoys visiting schools and talking to children to find out what they like doing and what makes them laugh. Janey and her husband live in Edinburgh with their three sons.
- Author(s)Janey Louise Jones
- PublisherRandom House Children's Publishers UK
- Date of Publication06/03/2008
- SubjectChildren's Fiction
- Series TitlePrincess Poppy Fiction
- Series Part/Volume Number5
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintYoung Corgi
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight99 g
- Width128 mm
- Height197 mm
- Spine9 mm
- Illustrator(s)Samantha Chaffey
- Format DetailsB-format paperback
- Interest AgeFrom 7
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.