All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.17
- AU $50.10Trending at AU $52.91
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.78
- AU $13.99Trending at AU $16.54
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.04
- AU $26.40Trending at AU $29.53
- AU $19.92Trending at AU $27.62
About this product
- DescriptionRolling is an important metal forming process which involves the passing of metal stock through a pair of rollers. It is categorized depending on the recrystallization temperature of the metal rolled. This book covers the entire gamut of rolling techlogy in one volume. It begins with a brief history of rolling, and goes on to discuss different rolling processes, the deformation of materials, and the classification of rolling mills and stands. The book discusses rolling applications of steel blooms, slabs, bars, plates, rods, heavy sections and n-ferrous metals in detail. It covers important rolling process parameters, including rolling friction, stress and strain across rolled strip thickness, rolling torque and power and roll separation force. It also provides details on the design and applications of various rolling equipment, including mill rolls, neck bearings, spindles, coilers and decoilers.
- Author BiographySiddhartha Ray is Professor and Head at the Department of Mechanical Engineering, Heritage Institute of Technology, Kolkata. He received his PhD from Jadavpur University and has published 26 research papers in national and international journals. He served as Director of the National Institute of Technical Teachers' Training and Research, Kolkata, from 2006 to 2008. He has been teaching courses on machine design, strength of materials and manufacturing technology at undergraduate and postgraduate level for several years. His field of specialization is the design of machines and manufacturing processes.
- Author(s)Siddhartha Ray
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/04/2016
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight580 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine21 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.