About this product
- DescriptionThe Fifth Edition of Principles and Foundations connects you to research, resources, and practitioners in health education while providing a solid foundation in the history, philosophy, theory, and ethics of health education. This text continues to provide the best overall introduction to the growing profession of Health Promotion and Education by covering the roles and responsibilities of health educators, the settings where health educators are employed, and the ethics of the profession. In addition to covering the history of health, health care, and health education, the book provides a preview of what the future may hold for health promotion and education professionals. The Fifth Edition includes new Practitioner,s Perspective features and updates to all chapters, reflecting the most current thinking and practices in the field.
- Author BiographyRandall R. Cottrell is professor and program director of the health promotion and education program at the University of Cincinnati. He has served as president of the American Association for Health Education and is very well respected in his field, evidenced further by the recent award of a Fulbright Scholarship for work in China. He has authored several books, many with co-author James McKenzie. James T. Girvan is a professor in the College of Health Sciences at Boise State University. Jim McKenzie is Professor at Penn State Hershey and a Professor Emeritus at Ball State University, and is a Master Certified Health Education Specialist (MCHES). He is also Fellow of the American Association for Health Education and a Distinguished Fellow of the Society for Public Health Education.
- Author(s)James F. McKenzie,James T. Girvan,Randall R. Cottrell
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication28/02/2011
- SubjectSchool Textbooks & Study Guides: Social Sciences
- Place of PublicationSan Francisco
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintBenjamin-Cummings Publishing Company, Subs of Addison Wesley Longman, Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight520 g
- Width191 mm
- Height232 mm
- Spine13 mm
- Edition Statement5th edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.