All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.65Trending at AU $96.35
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.42Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $24.44
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.98Trending at AU $18.30
About this product
- DescriptionThis is the definitive guide to the use of mechanical ventilation in critically ill patients - w in full color and updated to reflect the latest advances. It is a Doody's Core Title for 2015! Principles & Practice of Mechanical Ventilation, 3e provides comprehensive, authoritative coverage of all the clinical, pharmacological, and technical issues surrounding the use of mechanical ventilation. Editor Martin J. Tobin - past editor-in-chief of the American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine - has enlisted more than 100 authors, all of whom are at the forefront of research in their chosen subfield in order to provide the most authoritative and up-to-date information possible. No other text so thoroughly and comprehensively explores the myriad advances in modes and methodologies that have occurred in this ever-changing field as this cornerstone text. Features: Each chapter has been extensively revised to reflect the latest research; a strong focus on the biomedical principles that govern ventilator management; expert insights from contributors in critical care, pulmonary medicine, anesthesiology, surgery, basic science, provide a unique multidisciplinary approach; 68 chapters that explore every important aspect of mechanical ventilation, including: Conventional and unconventional methods of ventilator support; Noninvasive methods of ventilator support; Unconventional methods of ventilator support; Physiologic effect of mechanical ventilation; Complications in ventilator supported patients; Weaning of ventilator-support; Management of the ventilator-supported patient; Adjunctive therapy, including fluid management, inhaled antibiotic therapy, and, bronchodilator therapy. Ethics and ecomics Principles & Practice of Mechanical Ventilation, 3e comprehensively covers the principles and practice of keeping patients alive through the use of mechanical ventilation, along with related pharmacological and technical issues.
- Author BiographyMartin J. Tobin, MD is Professor of Medicine, Pulmonary and Critical Care Medicine at Loyola University Health Systems in Chicago, Illinois.
- Author(s)Martin J. Tobin
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/12/2012
- SubjectClinical Medicine: Professional
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw-Hill Medical
- Content Noteill
- Weight3315 g
- Width223 mm
- Height284 mm
- Spine50 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.