All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSince the publication of the second edition of Principles of Adaptive Optics, the developments and applications in this area have increased tremendously. Observatories are w producing outstanding science through adaptive optics techlogy; components, such as micromachined deformable mirrors and very low ise detectors, are revolutionizing the field; and the industrial and medical arenas are harnessing the capabilities of adaptive optics tools in free-space laser communications, laser-induced fusion, and retinal imaging. Although the complexity of these applications has intensified, the principles essentially remain the same. Principles of Adaptive Optics, Third Edition offers a comprehensive guide to the systems, components, and processes of adaptive optics. It covers the principles used to extract information from beams of light and improve the performance of optical systems by correcting distortions and aberrations. Condensing the vast array of literature into one accessible source, this edition incorporates recent developments and adds many new references. It discusses how the principles are applied to astromical imaging systems, retinal imaging, and beam propagation systems. The book logically progresses from determining the sources of aberrations to designing and analyzing systems to describing major subsystems, such as wavefront sensors, correction devices, wavefront reconstruction, and real-time controls.
- Author BiographyRobert K. Tyson is an associate professor of physics and optical science at the University of North Carolina at Charlotte. He holds a Ph.D. in physics from West Virginia University. Active in the field for over thirty years, Dr. Tyson has worked in the aerospace industry designing systems and supporting technology for strategic-defense high-energy laser weapons systems.
- Author(s)Robert Tyson
- PublisherTaylor & Francis Inc
- Date of Publication16/09/2010
- SubjectEngineering & Technology: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationBosa Roca
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintCRC Press Inc
- Out-of-print date28/11/2015
- Content Note101 black & white illustrations, 4 black & white tables
- Weight589 g
- Width156 mm
- Height234 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Contained items statementContains Book and Other digital
- Format DetailsUnsewn / adhesive bound
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $79.66Trending at AU $111.11
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.37
- AU $35.43Trending at AU $40.71
- AU $74.90Trending at AU $79.35
- AU $19.16Trending at AU $23.94
- AU $30.00Trending at AU $49.03
- AU $16.99Trending at AU $18.30
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.