All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, the third volume in the series, continues to explore the application of chemistry to our understanding of the functioning of the human in health and disease. It is the objective of the authors to continue to present, in this and subsequent volumes, the biochemical aspects of clinical chemistry, and to indicate how this kwledge applies to the diagsis of disease and the treatment of the patient. For this purpose, the literature is reviewed carefully and the findings of the different study groups are integrated, to present an overall view of the present status of the various fields. The text is written with the intent to serve in the training of clinical chemists, clinical pathologists, and medical students in clinical biochemistry. It is also intended to serve as a reference text for the practicing physician who desires a more rational approach to the use of the clinical chemistry laboratory, as an aid in understanding (1) the chemical changes in disease and (2) the logical use of the laboratory data in the treatment of the patient. This volume is concerned with the plasma proteins and their significance in rmal human metabolism. The immuglobulins are t included in this study since, along with complement and clotting factors, they form an integrated system concerned with defense against invading organisms. These will be discussed in Volume 4 of this series. A historical introduction (Chapter I) is followed by a general presentation of the composition and properties of proteins (Chapter 2).
- Author(s)Samuel Natelson
- PublisherSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Date of Publication14/06/2012
- SubjectScience: General & Reference
- Place of PublicationNew York, NY
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSpringer-Verlag New York Inc.
- Content Note78 black & white illustrations, biography
- Weight839 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine29 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition StatementSoftcover reprint of the original 1st ed. 1980
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $62.02New
- AU $5.82New
- AU $22.48New
- AU $33.47New
- AU $30.62New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $59.99Trending at AU $62.02
- AU $40.94Trending at AU $51.88
- AU $32.35Trending at AU $51.33
- AU $29.58Trending at AU $30.62
- AU $49.31Trending at AU $53.06
- AU $26.83Trending at AU $32.55
- AU $39.26Trending at AU $43.67
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.