All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Applied Mathematics provides a comprehensive look at how classical methods are used in many fields and contexts. Updated to reflect developments of the last twenty years, it shows how two areas of classical applied mathematics--spectral theory of operators and asymptotic analysis--are useful for solving a wide range of applied science problems. Topics such as asymptotic expansions, inverse scattering theory, and perturbation methods are combined in a unified way with classical theory of linear operators. Several new topics, including wavelength analysis, multigrid methods, and homogenization theory, are blended into this mix to amplify this theme.This book is ideal as a survey course for graduate students in applied mathematics and theoretically oriented engineering and science students. This most recent edition, for the first time, w includes extensive corrections collated and collected by the author.
- Author BiographyJames P. Keener is a professor of mathematics at the University of Utah. He received his Ph.D. from the California Institute of Technology in applied mathematics in 1972. In addition to teaching and research in applied mathematics, Professor Keener served as editor in chief of the SIAM Journal on Applied Mathematics and continues to serve as editor of several leading research journals. He is the recipient of numerous research grants. His research interests are in mathematical biology with an emphasis on physiology. His most recent book, co-authored with James Sheyd, is Mathematical Physiology.
- Author(s)James P. Keener
- PublisherThe Perseus Books Group
- Date of Publication14/01/2000
- Place of PublicationReading, MA
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintPerseus Books
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight957 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine47 mm
- Format DetailsCloth over boards
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.60
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.92
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.49
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.21
- AU $37.60Trending at AU $40.07
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.13
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $27.01
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.