CURRENTLY SOLD OUT
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $24.68Trending at AU $42.56
- AU $78.00Trending at AU $87.92
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $73.76
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.54
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.42
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.41
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.64
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Athletic Training: A Competency-Based Approach is designed to be used by athletic trainers in courses concerned with the scientific, evidence-based and clinical foundations of athletic training and sports medicine. The text leads the student from general foundations to specific concepts relative to injury prevention, evaluation, management, and rehabilitation. As the student progresses from beginning to end, he or she will understand the complexities of the profession of athletic training. An over-arching goal of the text is to make certain that each and every one of the educational competencies identified by the Education Council is specifically covered. After using this text the student should be able to apply the appropriate techniques and concepts in the day-to-day performance of his or her job as an athletic trainer.
- Author BiographyDr. William Prentice is Professor of Exercise and Sport Science and Coordinator of the Sports Medicine Program at the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill, where he also serves as the Director of the NATA approved Graduate Athletic Training Education Program. He received his BS and MS from the University of Delaware and his Ph.D. in Sports Medicine and Applied Physiology from the University of Virginia. He also has a BS in Physical Therapy from the University of North Carolina. He is a Certified Member of the National Athletic Trainers' Association and has received the Sayers A. Bud Miller Distinguished Athletic Trainer Educator Award and the Most Distinguished Athletic Trainer Award from the NATA. In 2004 he was inducted into the NATA Hall of Fame. Dr. Prentice served as the Athletic Trainer for the Women's Soccer Program, which has won eighteen NCAA National Championships. He teaches graduate courses in sports medicine and athletic training. Dr. Prentice is the author of nine best-selling texts in athletic training, sports medicine, and health-related fitness.
- Author(s)Daniel D. Arnheim,William E. Prentice
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2013
- SubjectAthletics & Gymnastics
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight1898 g
- Width218 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine33 mm
- Edition Statement15th International edition
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.