All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis introductory level textbook covers the welfare and environmental implications of producing cattle as well as traditional subjects such as nutrition, reproduction and housing. Its broad, international coverage includes feedlot systems, transport, subsistence farming systems and the contribution of cattle production systems to land, air and water pollution. It is an invaluable resource for undergraduate students of animal science, veterinary medicine and agriculture, as well as diploma and certificate courses and industry personnel.
- Author BiographyClive Phillips studied agriculture at undergraduate level and obtained a PhD in dairy cattle nutrition and behaviour from the University of Glasgow in 1983. He then lectured in farm animal production and medicine at the Universities of Wales and Cambridge, conducting research into cattle and sheep welfare. In 2003 he became the inaugural holder of Australias Chair in Animal Welfare, at the University of Queensland, and established the Centre for Animal Welfare and Ethics. He is involved in the development and implementation of State and Federal government welfare policies and has published over 150 articles on animal welfare and management in scientific journals and 8 books, as well as editing a book series for Springer on the welfare of animals. His most recent book, The Welfare of Animals: the Silent Majority, was published in 2008 and contains a challenging perspective on animal welfare issues in the world today.
- Author(s)C.J.C. Phillips
- PublisherCABI Publishing
- Date of Publication23/11/2009
- SubjectAgriculture & Farming
- Series TitleModular Texts
- Place of PublicationWallingford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCABI Publishing
- Content Note50 figures/illustrations
- Weight680 g
- Width189 mm
- Height246 mm
- Spine15 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $37.00Trending at AU $37.79
- AU $23.20Trending at AU $28.78
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.65
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.49
- AU $6.90Trending at AU $9.90
- AU $15.62Trending at AU $17.49
- AU $21.93Trending at AU $30.25
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.