Principles of Classroom Management: A Professional Decision-Making Model by James F. Nolan, James Levin (Paperback, 2013)
Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $151.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $204.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe only text that takes a decision-making model approach to classroom management. It provides teachers with a very practical system to influence students to choose to behave productively and to strive for academic success. This widely used text presents an array of decision-making options that guide teachers in developing positive, pro-social classroom learning environments through relationship building, effective teaching strategies, and deliberate structuring of the classroom environment. The text also provides sets of principles to intervene when students are t focused in they way should be and to help them choose more productive behaviors. The text also addresses working within the classroom and with families and other school resources to help students who exhibit chronic behavior problems. Thoroughly revised and updated, Principles of Classroom Management: A Professional Decision-Making Model, 7th Edition, includes * a much stronger focus on relationship building as a core activity in all phases of teaching(See new Chapter 7 as well as Chapters 3, 4, 5, 10, and 11) * increased attention to the principles of motivation and their application in helping students to set high expectations for themselves and to believe they can achieve them(See new Chapter 7 as well as Chapters 3, 4, 5, 10, and 11) * greater coverage of the kwledge teachers need to develop about cultural differences (Throughout the text) * much more coverage of the challenges posed by new techlogies, including cyber-bullying, cyber-cheating, and sexting (See Chapters 2 and 3) * a variety of new cases as well as pre and post-chapter reflective activities (New iterative cases are included at the end of Chapters 1, 4, 7, and 11 and new cases are also embedded in Chapters 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, and 10.) From reviews of the book: The text provides a very comprehensive view of classroom management that builds hierarchically, logically, and strategically...The text provides t only the skills for effective classroom management . .., but [it] includes a conceptual and theoretical perspective that is comprehensive and coupled with numerous examples and case studies that clarify and strengthen. -Marilyn Howe, Clarion University of Pennsylvania I really like the way in which the authors engage readers from the beginning in a realistic conversation about the influence and importance of handling behaviour problems at all levels. -Elear Wilson, University of Virginia
- Author BiographyDr. James Nolan served as an elementary teacher, a secondary German teacher, and secondary teacher and a secondary guidance counselor in Pennsylvania schools. Currently he is the Hermanowicz Professor of Teacher Education and Professor in Charge of Elementary and Secondary Field Experiences. For the last 15 years he has been working with an elementary level professional development school partnership between Penn State University and the State College Area School district. His scholarship focuses on classroom management, teacher supervision and evaluation, and teacher education and professional development. Dr. James Levin is recently retired Director of Academic Advising, Eberly College of Science and Associate Professor of Education in the Graduate School at Penn State University. Dr. Levin has consulted with hundreds of school districts, alternative schools and treatment centers on the topic of working successfully with students who display disruptive behavior. He has taught both graduate and undergraduate courses and secondary math and science in inner city and suburban schools and residential cites for adjudicated youth. He has co-authored three other texts on modifying behavior, self-esteem and motivation. Dr. Levin's research interests include classroom management, science education, and academic advising.
- Author(s)James F. Nolan,James Levin
- PublisherPearson Education (US)
- Date of Publication10/01/2013
- SubjectEducation & Teaching
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- Weight454 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine11 mm
- Edition Statement7th Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
- AU $33.32New
- AU $30.40New
- AU $20.46New
- AU $30.87New
- AU $21.83New
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $10.59Trending at AU $13.66
- AU $60.88Trending at AU $63.18
- AU $49.18Trending at AU $52.81
- AU $20.89Trending at AU $24.28
- AU $28.29Trending at AU $30.29
- AU $44.93Trending at AU $46.37
- AU $18.77Trending at AU $25.22
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.