All listings for this product
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $44.05
- AU $80.99Trending at AU $88.14
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $77.73
- AU $71.88Trending at AU $73.73
- AU $82.90Trending at AU $85.64
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $79.61
- AU $34.72Trending at AU $42.75
About this product
- DescriptionThis comprehensive and accessible text teaches the fundamentals of digital communication via a top-down-reversed approach, specifically formulated for a one-semester course. The unique approach focuses on the transmission problem and develops kwledge of receivers before transmitters. In doing so it cuts straight to the heart of the digital communication problem, enabling students to learn quickly, intuitively, and with minimal background kwledge. Beginning with the decision problem faced by a decoder and going on to cover receiver designs for different channels, hardware constraints, design trade-offs, convolutional coding, Viterbi decoding, and passband communication, detail is given on system-level design as well as practical applications in engineering. All of this is supported by numerous worked examples, homework problems, and MATLAB simulation exercises to aid self-study, providing a solid basis for students to specialize in the field of digital communication and making it suitable for both traditional and flipped classroom teaching.
- Author BiographyBixio Rimoldi is a Professor at the Ecole Polytechnique Federale de Lausanne (EPFL), Switzerland, where he developed an introductory course on digital communication. Previously he was Associate Professor at Washington University and took visiting positions at Stanford University, the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, and the University of California, Berkeley. He is an IEEE fellow, a past president of the IEEE Information Theory Society, and a past director of the communication system program at EPFL.
- Author(s)Bixio Rimoldi
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication21/01/2016
- SubjectElectronics Engineering & Communications Engineering
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note124 b/w illus. 1 table 128 exercises
- Weight760 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine18 mm
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.