All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Electricity & Electronics for the Automotive Technician, 2E thoroughly covers the basics of automotive electricity and electronics to fully prepare beginning technicians for more complex electrical concepts. Written by an ASE Master Technician and teacher, the book draws readers in using a combination of basic theory, case studies, hands-on vehicle tasks and ASE-style review questions. The updated second edition includes expanded coverage of hybrid electrical vehicles and safety procedures, techlogical advances in electronically controlled vehicle accessories, and new troubleshooting techniques using cutting-edge equipment and procedures. Simple illustrations and wiring diagrams, along with straightforward explanations of how automotive electricity and electronics work, act together to make this an ideal introduction to electrical and electronics diagstics and service.
- Author BiographyNorm Chapman has a BA in Industrial Technology with a Power & Transportation Emphasis and an MA in Education, both from Humboldt State University. Current Job is that of Dean of Applied Technology, South Puget Sound Community College, Olympia Washington. Automotive Technology Professor 1987-2004 Emphasis on Electricity & Electronics, South Puget Sound Community College, Olympia WA U.S. Coast Guard 1975-1982, Machinery Technician U.S. Coast Guard Reserves 1982-present - currently a Warrant Officer specilizing in Naval Engineering. Teaching Philosophy - Teaching & Learning should be fun and rewarding. Creating an atmosphere where the student can be excited about learning the new technology, and experimenting with various methods and equipment used for troubleshooting. Automotive background - typical gearhead in high school. Norm has been involved with the automotive and mechanical repair field for the past 35 years and enjoy the continued challenges that new technology brings. he has worked in domestic & foreign new car dealerships, independent garages, self employed, and the U.S. military. He is the author of Principles of Electricity & Electronics for the Automotive Technician .
- Author(s)Norm Chapman
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication21/01/2009
- SubjectIndustrial Chemistry & Manufacturing
- Place of PublicationClifton Park
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintDelmar Cengage Learning
- Content Noteillustrations
- Weight1215 g
- Width216 mm
- Height278 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $27.54Trending at AU $43.48
- AU $70.98Trending at AU $87.00
- AU $62.89Trending at AU $76.73
- AU $78.98Trending at AU $84.53
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $78.58
- AU $34.79Trending at AU $42.19
- AU $21.22Trending at AU $24.62
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.