All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionFinance is a topic that requires much computation, and in today's business world that computation is done almost entirely using Excel. Despite this, existing finance textbooks continue to rely heavily on hand calculators. Business school students-whose background in Excel is often weak when they come into finance courses-find that when they leave the academic environment they have to relearn both finance and Excel. Addressing this issue, Principles of Finance with Excel is the only introductory finance text that comprehensively integrates Excel into the teaching and practice of finance. Offering exceptional resources for students and instructors, the book combines classroom-tested pedagogy with the powerful functions of Excel. Author Simon Benninga-one of the most recognized names in financial modeling-shows students how spreadsheets provide new and deeper insights into financial decision making. The second edition of Principles of Finance with Excel covers the same topics as standard financial textbooks-including portfolios, capital asset pricing models, stock and bond valuation, capital structure and dividend policy, and option pricing-and can therefore be used in any introductory course. However, it also introduces Excel as it applies to finance students and practitioners. Throughout Principles of Finance with Excel, the implementation of finance concepts with Excel is demonstrated and explained. A separate section of PFE provides thorough coverage of all Excel topics used in the book: graphs, function data tables, dates in Excel, Goal Seek and Solver. New to this Edition * Offers a streamlined structure that allows students to dive right into the heart of finance: time value of money and discounting * Provides updated examples, most of which refer to the post-2008-crash financial world * Uses Excel 2007 throughout (all examples and spreadsheets are compatible with previous versions of Excel) * The free in-text CD-ROM includes electronic spreadsheets for the entire book Principles of Finance with Excel, Second Edition, is ideal for undergraduate courses in introductory finance and graduate courses in finance and business, or as a reference for finance professionals. An author-maintained companion website (http://www.simonbenninga.com) contains lecture tes, PowerPoint-based slides, and a test bank for instructors.
- Author BiographySimon Benninga is Professor of Finance at Tel Aviv University and Visiting Professor of finance at the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania. His books on financial modeling and valuation are standards in the field of finance and have been translated into Japanese, Chinese, Russian, Polish, and Italian.
- Author(s)Simon Benninga
- PublisherOxford University Press Inc
- Date of Publication25/11/2010
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations +
- Weight1625 g
- Width196 mm
- Height237 mm
- Spine41 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.69Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $50.28Trending at AU $53.01
- AU $31.89Trending at AU $40.50
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.15Trending at AU $35.14
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.