All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe field of gender-specific medicine examines how rmal human biology and physiology differ between men and women and how the diagsis and treatment of disease differs as a function of gender. This revealing research covers various conditions that predominantly occur in men as well conditions that predominantly occur in women. Among the areas of greatest difference are cardiovascular disease, mood disorders, the immune system, lung cancer as a consequence of smoking, osteoporosis, diabetes, obesity, and infectious diseases. The Second Edition of Principles of Gender-Specific Medicine focuses on the essentials of gender-specific medicine and the current study of sex and gender differences in human physiology and pathophysiology. New section editors, new chapter authors, and new chapters have been added to reflect the most up-to-date clinical research and practice.
- Author BiographyDr. Marianne Legato is the founder and director of The Partnership for Gender-Specific Medicine at Columbia University and an internationally known academic physician, author, lecturer, and specialist in gender-specific medicine. This partnership is the first collaboration between academic medicine and the private sector focused solely on gender-specific medicine: the science of how normal human biology differs between men and women and of how the diagnosis and treatment of disease differs as a function of gender. She is also the founding editor of the journal Gender Medicine, published for the scientific community and in 1992, Dr. Legato won the American Heart Association's Blakeslee Award for the best book written for the lay public on cardiovascular disease. She is a practicing internist in New York City and has been listed each year in New York Magazine's Best Doctors since the feature's inception in 1993.
- Author(s)Marianne J. Legato
- PublisherElsevier Science Publishing Co Inc
- Date of Publication01/12/2009
- SubjectMedicine: General
- Place of PublicationSan Diego
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintAcademic Press Inc
- Content NoteIllustrations
- Weight2340 g
- Width216 mm
- Height276 mm
- Spine46 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $35.04Trending at AU $36.68
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $34.94
- AU $28.63Trending at AU $30.35
- AU $32.21Trending at AU $40.58
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $24.26
- AU $39.30Trending at AU $40.16
- AU $34.17Trending at AU $35.20
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.