All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionSilberberg's Principles of General Chemistry offers students the same authoritative topic coverage as its parent text, Chemistry: The Molecular Nature of Matter and Change. The Principles text allows for succinct coverage of content with minimal emphasis on pedagogic learning aids. This more streamlined approach to learning appeals to today's efficiency-minded, value-conscious instructors and students without sacrificing depth, clarity, or rigor.
- Author BiographyMartin S. Silberberg received his B.S. in chemistry from the City University of New York in 1966 and his Ph.D. in chemistry from the University of Oklahoma, in 1971. He then accepted a research position at the Albert Einstein College of Medicine, where he studied the chemical nature of neurotransmission and Parkinson's disease. In 1977, Dr. Silberberg joined the faculty of Simon's Rock College of Bard (Massachusetts), a liberal arts college known for its excellence in teaching small classes of highly motivated students. As Head of the Natural Sciences Major and Director of Premedical Studies, he taught courses in general chemistry, organic chemistry, biochemistry, and nonmajors chemistry. The close student contact afforded him insights into how students learn chemistry, where they have difficulties, and what strategies can help them succeed. In 1983, Dr. Silberberg decided to apply these insights in a broader context and established a text writing and editing company. Before writing his own text, he worked on chemistry, biochemistry, and physics texts for several major college publishers. He resides with his wife and child in Massachusetts. For relaxation, he cooks, sings, and walks in the woods.
- Author(s)Martin S. Silberberg
- PublisherMcGraw-Hill Education - Europe
- Date of Publication01/02/2012
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationLondon
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintMcGraw Hill Higher Education
- Weight1769 g
- Width215 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine27 mm
- Edition Statement3rd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.68Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.14Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.37Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.53Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.