Brand newLOWEST PRICE
- AU $183.00Free postage
- Brand new condition
- Sold by simplybestprices-10to20dayshipping
- See details for delivery est.
- AU $243.95+ AU $7.95 postage
- Good condition
- Sold by ausreseller
- See details for delivery est.
All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis text is an unbound, binder-ready edition. Principles of Genetics is one of the most popular texts in use for the introductory course. It opens a window on the rapidly advancing science of genetics by showing exactly how genetics is done. Throughout, the authors incorporate a human emphasis and highlight the role of geneticists to keep students interested and motivated. The sixth edition has been updated to reflect the latest developments in the field of genetics. Principles of Genetics continues to educate todays students for tomorrows science by focusing on features that aid in content comprehension and application.
- Author BiographyD. Peter Snustad is a Professor Emeritus at the University of Minnesota, Twin Cities. He received his B.S. degree at the University of Minnesota and his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees from the University of California, Davis. He began his faculty career in the Department of Agronomy and Plant Genetics at Minnesota in 1965, became a charter member of the new Department of Genetics in 1966, and moved to the Department of Plant Biology in 2000. During his 43 years at Minnesota, he taught courses ranging from general biology to biochemical genetics. His initial research focused on the interactions between bacteriophage T4 and its host, E. coli. In the 1980s, his research switched to the cytoskeleton of Arabidopis and the glutamine synthetase genes of corn. His honors include the Morse-Amoco and Dangley Memorial teaching awards and election to Fellow of the American Association for the Advancement of Science. A lifelong love of the Canadian wilderness has kept him in nearby Minnesota. Michael J. Simmons is a Professor in the Department of Genetics, Cell Biology and Development at the university of Minnesota, Twin Cities. He received his B.A. degree in biology from St. Vincent College in Latrobe, Pennsylvania, and his M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in genetics from the University of Wisconsin, Madison. Dr. Simmons has taught a variety of courses, including genetics and population genetics. He has also mentored many students on research projects in his laboratory. Early in his career he received the Morse- Amoco teaching award from the University of Minnesota in recognition of his contributions to undergraduate education. Dr. Simmon's research focuses on the genetic significance of transposable elements in the genome of Drosophilia melanogaster. He has served on advisory committees at the National Institutes of Health and was a member of the Editorial Board of the journal Genetics for 21 years. One of his favorite activities, figure skating, is especially compatible with the Minnesota climate.
- Author(s)D Peter Snustad,Michael J Simmons
- PublisherJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Date of Publication02/08/2011
- SubjectPopular Science
- Place of PublicationNew York
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintJohn Wiley & Sons Inc
- Weight1542 g
- Width226 mm
- Height274 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsLoose leaf - sheets & binder
- Edition Statement6th
Best-selling in Textbooks
- AU $126.09New
Management: the Essentials by Mary Coulter, Megan Woods, Stephen Robbins, David De Cenzo (Paperback, 2015)
- AU $111.71New
- AU $93.44Used
- AU $101.53New
- AU $78.95New
Save on Textbooks
- AU $69.90Trending at AU $82.05
- AU $87.90Trending at AU $89.13
- AU $73.99Trending at AU $78.49
- AU $38.81Trending at AU $50.27
- AU $69.88Trending at AU $74.17
- AU $104.88Trending at AU $108.86
- AU $21.20Trending at AU $23.08
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.