All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThis book, first published in 2005, provides students and practising glaciologists with the tools they need to understand modern glaciology. Relatively simple concepts are introduced first, followed by mathematically more sophisticated chapters. A kwledge of basic calculus is assumed, but important concepts of physical processes are developed from elementary principles. Emphasis is placed on connections between modern research in glaciology and the origin of features of glacial landscapes. Student exercises are included. This new edition builds on the successful first edition: it has been completely updated, and important new sections and whole chapters have been added. Principles of Glacier Mechanics is designed to be used as a primary textbook in upper division and graduate courses in glaciology, and can be used as either a primary or supplementary text in courses in glacial geology. Practising glacial geologists and glaciologists will also find it useful as a reference book.
- Author BiographyRoger LeB. Hooke is Research Professor in the Department of Earth Sciences and the Climate Change Institute, University of Maine. He has been involved in glaciological research for over 30 years, focusing on processes relevant to the origin of glacial landforms. In addition to the first edition of Principles of Glacier Mechanics, he has published over 80 refereed research papers in journals such as the Geological Society of America Bulletin, Geology, the Journal of Glaciology, Quaternary Research, and the Journal of Geology.
- Author(s)Roger LeB. Hooke
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication24/02/2005
- SubjectEarth Sciences
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note217 b/w illus.
- Weight710 g
- Width174 mm
- Height247 mm
- Spine23 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US)
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.05
- AU $34.65Trending at AU $36.57
- AU $73.10Trending at AU $74.75
- AU $27.64Trending at AU $35.90
- AU $28.76Trending at AU $38.99
- AU $23.89Trending at AU $33.32
- AU $50.09Trending at AU $52.96
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.