All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionNotable Early Treatise on the Principles of American Government. A revised version of Nathaniel Chipman's Sketches of the Principles of Government (1793), this early treatise on the underlying principles of American government addresses civil laws and obligations, the social state, rights of property, sovereignty and political power. An important early contribution to American constitutional law, it is also interesting for its Federalist perspective on the evolutions of political institutions from Washington to Jackson. Nathaniel Chipman [1752-1843] was a leading Vermont Federalist who was instrumental in that state's admission to the Union. He became Vermont's chief Justice and went on to represent Vermont in the U.S. Senate. He was also one of America's first significant legal writers. One of his books, the Reports and Dissertations (1793) is included in Warren's list of the four general works on the Common Law... [of] permanent value in American Legal Literature. Warren, A History of the American Bar 335-336.
- Author(s)Nathaniel Chipman
- PublisherLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Date of Publication24/05/2011
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectPolitical Science & Theory
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintLawbook Exchange, Ltd.
- Content Noteblack & white illustrations
- Weight562 g
- Width152 mm
- Height229 mm
- Spine22 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $57.99Trending at AU $62.11
- AU $34.67Trending at AU $36.61
- AU $73.12Trending at AU $74.82
- AU $18.13Trending at AU $23.76
- AU $37.59Trending at AU $40.09
- AU $34.02Trending at AU $36.09
- AU $28.52Trending at AU $29.80
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.