All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of International Ecomic Law provides a comprehensive overview of the central topics in international ecomic law, with an emphasis on the interplay between the different ecomic and political interests on both the international and domestic levels. Following recent tendencies, the book sets the classic topics of international ecomic law, like WTO law, investment protection, commercial law and monetary law in context with aspects of human rights, environmental protection and the legitimate claims of developing countries. The book draws a concise picture of the architecture of international ecomic law with all its complexities, without getting lost in fragmented details. Providing a perfect introductory text to the field of international ecomic law, the book thoroughly analyses legal developments within their wider political, ecomic, or social context. Topics covered range from codes of conduct for multinational enterprises, to the human rights implications of the exploitation of natural resources. The book demonstrates the ecomic foundations and ecomic implications of legal frameworks. It puts into profile the often complex relationship between, on the one hand, international standards on liberalization and ecomic rationality and, on the other, state sovereignty and national preferences. It describes the new forms of ecomic cooperation which have developed in recent decades, such as the growing number of transnational companies in the private sector, and forms of cooperation between states such as the G8 or G20. This fully updated second edition covers new aspects and developments including the growing importance of corporate social responsibility, mega-regional-agreements like CETA, TTIP, and TPP, trade and investment related aspects of human rights law.
- Author BiographyProfessor Herdegen has since 1995 held the chair for Public, European and International Law, Rheinische Friedrich-Wilhelms Universitat Bonn, he is also Director of the Institute for Public International Law and Institute for Public Law.
- Author(s)Matthias Herdegen
- PublisherOxford University Press
- Date of Publication29/09/2016
- SubjectInternational Law: Professional
- Place of PublicationOxford
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintOxford University Press
- Weight940 g
- Width154 mm
- Height233 mm
- Spine32 mm
- Edition Statement2nd Revised edition
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $32.02Trending at AU $36.78
- AU $16.41Trending at AU $22.77
- AU $14.93Trending at AU $21.99
- AU $27.74Trending at AU $29.97
- AU $13.01Trending at AU $16.62
- AU $14.83Trending at AU $17.90
- AU $25.99Trending at AU $32.06
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.