All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionThe subject of magnetostatics - the mathematical theory that describes the forces and fields resulting from the steady flow of electrical currents - has a long history. By capturing the basic concepts, and building towards the computation of magnetic fields, this book is a self-contained discussion of the major subjects in magnetostatics. Overviews of Maxwell's equations, the Poisson equation, and boundary value problems pave the way for dealing with fields from transverse, axial and periodic magnetic arrangements and assemblies of permanent magnets. Examples from accelerator and beam physics give up-to-date context to the theory. Furthermore, both complex contour integration and numerical techniques (including finite difference, finite element, and integral equation methods) for calculating magnetic fields are discussed in detail with plentiful examples. Both theoretical and practical information on carefully selected topics make this a one-stop reference for magnet designers, as well as for physics and electrical engineering undergraduate students.
- Author BiographyRichard C. Fernow received his PhD from Syracuse University for work on particle physics, and worked at Brookhaven National Laboratory. He contributed to the optimization of the coil design for collider magnets and made calculations of magnetic fields in solenoid channels. He is a member of the American Physical Society.
- Author(s)Richard C. Fernow
- PublisherCambridge University Press
- Date of Publication14/07/2016
- SubjectScience & Mathematics: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationCambridge
- Country of PublicationUnited Kingdom
- ImprintCambridge University Press
- Content Note130 b/w illus. 12 tables
- Weight760 g
- Width178 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine19 mm
Best-selling in Textbooks
Save on Textbooks
- AU $72.90Trending at AU $74.51
- AU $35.82Trending at AU $40.79
- AU $18.96Trending at AU $23.98
- AU $17.16Trending at AU $18.34
- AU $57.88Trending at AU $63.53
- AU $19.95Trending at AU $20.35
- AU $16.96Trending at AU $23.43
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.