All listings for this product
About this product
- DescriptionPRINCIPLES OF MANAGEMENT, 12E, International Edition takes a practical, student-oriented approach toward teaching management with an emphasis on current topics, including issues of diversity, ethics, and techlogy. The student-friendly content features references to pop culture and cites current publications of interest to students. In addition to providing the management framework and introducing students to contemporary management topics, the text provides experiential activities to get students thinking and acting like real-life managers. A robust network of supplements helps students to understand the hands-on, real-world application of chapter concepts.
- Author BiographyRobert Kreitner, Ph.D., is a Professor Emeritus of Management at Arizona State University. After a 26-year career at ASU, Dr. Kreitner was named to the W. P. Carey School of Business Faculty Hall of Fame. Dr. Kreitner was born in Buffalo, New York. After a four-year enlistment in the U.S. Coast Guard, including service in Antarctica aboard the icebreaker Eastwind, he attended the University of Nebraska-Omaha on a football scholarship. He was a co-captain his senior year and received the Alumni Association's Scholar-Athlete Award. Dr. Kreitner received bachelors and master's degrees in business from UNO in 1970 and 1971 and a Ph.D. in business from the University of Nebraska-Lincoln in 1974. He has taught at UNO, UNL, Western Illinois University, Thunderbird, and ASU. Dr. Kreitner also has taught in Micronesia, Albania, and Switzerland. Dr. Kreitner is the author or co-author of seven college textbooks that have been through a total of 31 editions since 1975. His management and organizational behavior books are leaders in their field and have been translated into Spanish, French, Italian, and Mandarin Chinese. He continues to pursue his passion for learning and teaching by working on new editions of his textbooks. Among his consulting and management development clients have been American Express, Nazarene School of Large Church Management, Ford Motor Company, SABRE Computer Services, Honeywell, Motorola, Salt River Project, Amdahl, the Hopi Indian nation, State Farm Insurance, Goodyear Aerospace, Doubletree Hotels, Bank One-Arizona, Caterpillar, and U.S. Steel. Dr. Kreitner and his wife Margaret, a Nebraska native who is a retired Intel Corp. manager, live in Phoenix with their two cats, Yahoo and Sweetie Pie, and enjoy hiking, world travel, and fishing in Alaska. His other leisure pursuits are exercising, attending sports events at ASU, tree planting and tending, and wood carving. He has been a Habitat for Humanity volunteer. Carlene M. Cassidy is Director of Anne Arundel Community College's Entrepreneurial Studies Institute and shares more than 20 years of experience in business, management and information systems. She has worked in retail, health care, computer consulting and education. Prior to joining Anne Arundel Community College, she was a partner and Chief Operating Officer for a multi-million dollar regional computer consulting firm. In addition, Cassidy has managed mergers and acquisitions and has launched several start-up initiatives, ranging from a health care staffing office to a information systems and management consulting firm for health care organizations, educational institutions and small service companies. Cassidy has experience teaching a variety of business and technology subjects in both college and corporate environments. Her areas of specialty include entrepreneurship, leadership, management, supervision, strategic planning, business communication, and computer information systems. The Anne Arundel Community College Student Association awarded Cassidy their highest honor: the Distinguished Service Award. She is also a YWCA TWIN Honoree and is recognized in the 2004, 2005, and 2006 Who's Who Among American Teachers. Cassidy is an active community volunteer, serving on several non-profit boards, participating in environmental restoration projects, coaching youth sports, and mentoring students. She earned a Bachelor of Science Degree in Health Services Administration from Providence College and a Master of Science Degree in Information Systems and Telecommunications from Johns Hopkins University.
- Author(s)Carlene Cassidy,Robert Kreitner
- PublisherCengage Learning, Inc
- Date of Publication27/01/2012
- SubjectBusiness, Accounting & Vocational: Textbooks & Study Guides
- Place of PublicationFlorence
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintSouth-Western College Publishing
- Weight1040 g
- Width204 mm
- Height254 mm
- Spine20 mm
- Edition StatementInternational ed of 12th revised ed
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $17.73Trending at AU $22.02
- AU $79.89Trending at AU $90.23
- AU $17.51Trending at AU $30.26
- AU $31.46Trending at AU $40.55
- AU $27.51Trending at AU $30.42
- AU $35.26Trending at AU $35.79
- AU $11.63Trending at AU $21.86
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.