All listings for this product
Best-selling in Non-Fiction Books
Save on Non-Fiction Books
- AU $50.71Trending at AU $61.57
- AU $72.89Trending at AU $75.75
- AU $32.59Trending at AU $36.89
- AU $30.05Trending at AU $40.13
- AU $30.37Trending at AU $31.40
- AU $28.02Trending at AU $30.06
- AU $14.47Trending at AU $16.67
About this product
- DescriptionPrinciples of Moral Philosophy: Classic and Contemporary Approaches covers all the major theories in rmative ethics--relativism, egoism, divine command theory, natural law, Kantian ethics, consequentialism, pluralism, social contract theory, virtue ethics, the ethics of care, and particularism--and also includes sections on applied ethics and metaethics. It provides students with a balanced introduction to an array of approaches to topics in rmative ethics, offering traditional theories alongside criticisms of them. The readings are enhanced by a variety of pedagogical features including a general introduction, an introduction to each reading, study questions after each reading, and a glossary of key terms. With one-third of its contemporary readings authored by women, Principles of Moral Philosophy is the most inclusive and balanced rmative ethics reader available. A password-protected Instructor's Manual is available on the book's Ancillary Resource Center.
- Author BiographySteven M. Cahn is Professor of Philosophy at The City University of New York Graduate Center. He is the author or editor of more than fifty books. Most recently, he coauthored Happiness and Goodness: Philosophical Reflections on Living Well (2015). Dr. Cahn is the editor of The World of Philosophy (OUP, 2015), Ethics, Sixth Edition (OUP, 2015), Exploring Philosophy, Fifth Edition (OUP, 2014), Political Philosophy, Third Edition (OUP, 2014), and Exploring Ethics, Third Edition (OUP, 2013). Andrew T. Forcehimes is Assistant Professor of Philosophy at Nanyang Technological University in Singapore. He has published articles in Ethics, Pacific Philosophical Quarterly, Journal of Ethics and Social Philosophy, Utilitas, and Res Publica. He is also the coeditor, with Larry May, of Morality, Jus Post Bellum, and International Law (2012).
- Author(s)Professor of Philosophy Steven M Cahn
- PublisherOxford University Press, USA
- Date of Publication15/02/2016
- FormatPaperback / softback
- SubjectHistory of Ideas & Popular Philosophy
- Country of PublicationUnited States
- ImprintOxford University Press, USA
- Weight898 g
- Width188 mm
- Height231 mm
- Spine25 mm
- Format DetailsTrade paperback (US),Unsewn / adhesive bound
This item doesn't belong on this page.
Thanks, we'll look into this.